OASIS NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- Can students be given a scholarship more than once?As the intent of our scholarship is to reward many deserving new students, a qualified applicant may receive the OASIS scholarship only once.
- How are scholarship recipients selected?The OASIS National Scholarship Committee selects the scholarship winners based on agreed upon criteria listed at the application site using two rounds of judging by experienced, trained volunteer judges. The decisions of the scholarship committee are final.
- How are scholarship recipients notified?The OASIS National Scholarship Committee will notify all scholarship recipients via email or phone, if email is not available, at the end of June, 2018. The names and photos will also be posted on the scholarship page at our National tspace.
- Can an freshman, sophomore or junior who is accomplished apply to receive a scholarship?Currently the scholarship is only awarded to graduating high school seniors going to a 2 or 4 year college in the United States in the year they graduate.
- Can an active employee of AT&T receive a scholarship?No, active employees may not apply for this scholarship. Their children may apply.
Is OASIS scholarships limited to OASIS members children only? No, it is open to anyone eligible.
- If I would like to make changes to the application I submitted, can I resubmit my application?Applicants should check the content of their application and required attachments prior to submitting. Due to the volume of applications received, the logistics preclude us from allowing multiple submissions from each participant and submitting multiple times would be possible grounds for disqualification.
- Whom should I contact if I have questions or technical difficulties with the application?Contact Meena Gurumoorthy via email at email@example.com or Sreepriya Rajamani firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Are there residency requirements for an applicant? Applicants must be United States citizens or permanent residents of the United States with a minimum GPA of 3.20 on a 4.00 scale OR 4.00 on a 5.00 scale. This and other requirements are detailed on the application site http://oasisatt.org/scholarships/
- What if I change the College I intend to attend in the fall?For an applicant who is awarded a scholarship, OASIS disburses scholarship funds directly to the college indicated in the original application received. If there is a change in the selected college subsequently, the applicant has the responsibility to notify the OASIS scholarship committee of the specific change in writing as soon as possible once notified as a winner.
- For SAT or ACT score as also my GPA as supported by the school transcript, can I upload these transcripts though each will state “Unofficial Copy”? Yes, you may upload the requested transcripts though they state the word “unofficial” on them. It is important to remember that as a part of the application form, every applicant is required to certify the truth and accuracy of the information contained in their application, and this includes the “unofficial” copies of transcripts uploaded.